I found that one advantage of using old film is that it tends to be less contrast. The exposure also has some impact on the contrast. Normally a small to large overexposure is advisable, but testing different exposure to find the right look is a good course of action. If you develop the film … Read More
This problem may occur both in traditional printing and scanning, but most scanners do not perform well with dens and high contrast negatives. These Images are scanned, but if I would digitize them today I would use my Nikon camera instead. Shooting the negative gives more options regarding the exposure. I found that one … Read More
Although, the technique may not be easy to print and or scan. When having very high contrast negative the shadows in the picture tend to bleed into the mid and high tones. Even the unexposed borders of the film could be a problem, creating shadows in the outer part of the image. That’s why … Read More
From time to time I came across some outdated slide film. when in general not interested in producing slides I usually process the film in C-41. Some films are better for this process, to me, the Kodak slide films are the best. Not to much color shift and not to extreme contrast. Although, the technique … Read More
Have a nice holiday and see you next year. The coming weeks I post a mix of images from my archive
The extremely dense negative makes it hard to digitize. The perforation of the film, where light passes through maybe more than 10 times easily, gives a high amount of flare. So I also tried a narrow frame that cut out the image border and the perforation. I do like some of the effect but I … Read More
This renders an extremely dense negative, and it is almost completely black. When put on my rig for digitalization with a Nikon 610 camera, it is possible to see the image through the back projection in the camera. I used between 1/3 to 4 second exposure and the 50mm lens with close up rings … Read More
The development was over 6 hours standing in tank with slightly diluted C-41 developer. Only agitated once in the beginning. I did dilute because the JOBO tanks swallow lots of liquid when standing, and it was the last of the chemistry. The rest of the process is made on the JOBO 1000 as recommended.
On some of the images I used a home made lens modifier. All images are shot In parks/woods near Söderköping, Sweden.
This is an experimental exercise that I have done once before. This time I tried two different films 200 and 800 Kodak 135mm film in the C-41 process.